Myers Ranch was built in 1932 by Bill and Barbara Myers, Catherine Gillies’ grandparents. The Myers lived on the ranch until 1960 when they relocated to Fresno so that their children could have a better education.
The ranch was built of wood ties from the Searles Lake monorail. The Myers ran a gas and food stop called Wild rose Station.
In 1968, Charles Manson learned about the isolated Myers Ranch from Gillies. Agreeing that the ranch would likely meet their needs, the Manson Family began a move to the ranch. The buildings at Barker Ranch being in better condition, the Family ended up at Barker Ranch, approximately half a mile down the road from Myers Ranch. At times, the Family members were using both Barker and Myers ranch.
Myers Ranch burned down in 1999. The property has been completely reconstructed. Today it remains a private, occupied residence, unavailable for public visitation.